Children + Family Programs
Explore new creative outlets for ages 3 – 103 at children and family programming! We offer year round programming for learners of all ages. Dive in and get ready to unlock your inner passions at SCA programming!
Make art and make memories!
Welcome to the intersection of art, community, and joy: professional theatre, world-class concerts, films, exhibitions, education and outreach. The Saugatuck Center for the Arts is a community sparkplug bringing people – and learners of all ages – together under one roof.
Children’s programming and family programming registrations are OPEN.
In Progress with Ningaaseg (Jan)
In Progress with Re-Wild
Side by Side Studio: Playful Props & Improv
Film For Families
In Progress with Re-Wild
Side by Side Studio: Shadow Puppet Theater
SCA Camp Safety Plan 2023
How is the SCA creating a safe and creative environment for campers this summer?
Terms and Agreements
All in-person, indoor camps are dependent on current community health guidelines. Should the federal or local gathering guidelines change, the SCA will comply.
All parents and/or guardians will be asked to sign an agreement when registering their camper acknowledging our policies and expectations.
- Campers are expected to disinfect hands prior to entering the classroom and signage regarding proper hand-washing techniques will be prominently displayed.
- Campers are asked to practice good respiratory etiquette, including covering coughs and sneezes and will be reminded about good hygiene practices.
- When tables and chairs are utilized, they will be routinely disinfected.
Snacks & Transportation
- If snacks are provided in the camp you registered for, they will be individually packaged and distributed. Food-sharing between campers is prohibited.
- Campers should bring a water bottle that is clearly labeled with their name.
When to Stay Home
- Campers should not attend SCA Classes if experiencing any of the following symptoms in the last 24 hours (not due to a chronic condition): Fever, Chills, Cough, Difficulty breathing, Sore throat, Muscle aches, Diarrhea, Severe fatigue, Nasal congestion, Loss of taste or smell.
- Campers should not attend SCA Classes if any member of your household has had a positive COVID-19 test within the last 10 days or if you are avoiding shared spaces because you are ill or because you have been directed by your medical provider or your public health official to quarantine.
- Each camp will have at least one instructor or staff member who is CPR/AED certified.
- In the case of outside events impacted by inclement weather, which includes lightning, heavy storms and/or heavy winds, families will be notified via email an hour prior to the camp. Camps will either be postponed until the weather clears or will be cancelled.
- In the case of inclement weather during a camp in session, all campers will be escorted indoors.
2023 Refund and Cancellation Policies
If you have registered for a camp or class and are unable to attend, the following refunds are available upon request:
- Up to 30 days prior to the scheduled start of the event: 100% of registration payment (minus fees) will be refunded in the form of an SCA Art Pass gift certificate.
- 29-14 days prior to the scheduled start of the event: 50% of registration payment (minus fees) will be refunded in the form of an SCA Art Pass gift certificate.
- 13 days (or less) prior to the scheduled start of the event: 0% of registration payment will be refunded.*
*In the event of an emergency or health concern that requires a cancellation less than 13 days prior to the scheduled start of the event, a refund in the form of an SCA Art Pass can be requested by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
The SCA reserves the right to reschedule camps based on the availability of artists and instructors, class enrollment, and local community health conditions. In the event of an SCA cancellation or rescheduling of a camp, the SCA will offer registrants the option of holding their ticket for a rescheduled event or exchanging their ticket for an Art Pass (gift card) for the balance minus fees. When possible, cancellations will be announced a minimum of 10 days prior to the camp.
In the event of a class cancellation due to unmet class-size minimums, no alternative dates will be announced for this class. The SCA will automatically process refunds (minus processing fees) to the ticket purchaser.
In need of financial support?
We offer financial scholarships to students in need. Fill out our scholarship form so we can learn more about your situation.