Sampling of Standards:
- Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, well-chosen details, and well-structured event sequences.
- Write routinely over extended time frames (time for research, reflection, and revision) and shorter time frames (a single sitting or a day or two) for a range of tasks, purposes, and audiences.
Visual Arts Standards
- ART.VA.II.HS.2 Create artwork using materials and techniques with skill so that personal intentions are carried out . (21st Century Skills: I .1, 1 .2, II .7, III .3)
- ART.VA.III.HS.5 Recognize and understand the relationships between personal experiences and the development of artwork . (21st Century Skills: I .3)
- ART.VA.II.HS.4 Apply knowledge and skill to symbolize the essence of an idea . (21st Century Skills: I .1, I .6)
- 1A. Demonstrate an awareness of their emotions
- 2A. Identify and manage their emotions and behavior constructively
- 2B. Demonstrate honesty and integrity