Sampling of Standards:
- Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, descriptive details, and clear event sequences.
- Write narratives in which they recount a well-elaborated event or short sequence of events, include details to describe actions, thoughts, and feelings, use temporal words to signal event order, and provide a sense of closure.
Visual Arts Standards
- ART.VA.II.4.4 Analyze and reflect on the uses of subject matter, symbols, and ideas to express and communicate meaning in artwork.
- ART.VA.II.5.5 Analyze how art conveys ideas to express one’s individuality.
- ART.VA.V.5.2 Identify various careers in the visual arts.
- ART.VA.III.3.2 Examine how art expresses cultural traditions.
- 1B. Demonstrate an awareness of their personal traits, including their strengths and interests
- 1C. Demonstrate awareness of their external supports