Sampling of Standards:
- Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, relevant descriptive details, and well-structured event sequences.
- Engage effectively in a range of collaborative discussions (one-on-one, in groups, and teacherled) with diverse partners on grade 7/8 topics, texts, and issues, building on others’ ideas and expressing their own clearly
Visual Arts Standards
- ART.VA.II.7.2 Develop and apply critical thinking strategies through the art making process at an emerging level.
- ART.VA.II.7.6 Make knowledgeable choices about materials, techniques, media technology, organizational principles, and processes to articulate ideas and communicate intended meaning at an emerging level.
- ART.VA.III.7.2 Interpret artwork searching for embedded meaning, function, and personal connections at an emerging level.
- ART.VA.III.7.6 Identify personal and community experiences within works of art at an emerging level.
- 3B. Children/Students demonstrate consideration for others and a desire to positively contribute to the school and community
- 3C. Children/Students demonstrate an awareness of different cultures and a respect for human dignity