Our summer camps and classes are designed for maximum creative impact with trips to unexpected places, process-focused fun activities, and professional creatives. This year, we’re excited to introduce a fresh format of 4, 2, and 1-day camps for ages 3 – 14. Every class is taught by professional artists and SCA Joy Squad who are passionate about sharing the wonders of creativity with youth this summer! Sign up for the classes that fit your families schedule and interests below, and then get ready for creative adventure!
Make art and make memories!
Welcome to the intersection of art, community, and joy: professional theatre, world-class concerts, films, exhibitions, education and outreach. The Saugatuck Center for the Arts is a community sparkplug bringing people – and learners of all ages – together under one roof.
Let your children experience the JOY of creativity this summer! Inspired by the lush lakeshore environment that surrounds the Art Center, all of our classes include experiment-based art projects, multidisciplinary learning, outdoor kinesthetic activities, and healthy snacks to keep both mind and body active and creative.
Registration NOW OPEN.
Family Fun: Mini-Makers Serieslearn more
Earth-Dig it!learn more
Digging Deep: Planting with a Purposelearn more
Plant a Rainbow: Mini Makers Serieslearn more
Art Uprootedlearn more
Colorful Creatures: Mini Makers Serieslearn more
Home is Where the Art islearn more
Branching Out: Charcoal and Beyondlearn more
Michigan In Motion: Mini Makers Serieslearn more
Creative Statelearn more
Anywhere Artists: Mini Makers Serieslearn more
Paint-a-Thon: Morninglearn more
Paint-a-Thon: Afternoonlearn more
Let’s Chalk About It!learn more
SCA & The Four Seasonslearn more
Trees Please!:Mini Makers Serieslearn more
SCA Camp Safety Plan 2023
How is the SCA creating a safe and creative environment for campers this summer?
Terms and Agreements
All in-person, indoor camps are dependent on current community health guidelines. Should the federal or local gathering guidelines change, the SCA will comply. For 2023, camp registration is limited to 16 campers.
All parents and/or guardians will be asked to sign an agreement when registering their camper acknowledging our policies and expectations.
- Campers are expected to disinfect hands prior to entering the classroom and signage regarding proper hand-washing techniques will be prominently displayed.
- Campers are asked to practice good respiratory etiquette, including covering coughs and sneezes and will be reminded about good hygiene practices.
- When tables and chairs are utilized, they will be routinely disinfected.
Snacks & Transportation
- If snacks are provided in the camp you registered for, they will be individually packaged and distributed. Food-sharing between campers is prohibited.
- Campers should bring a water bottle that is clearly labeled with their name.
- The SCA will not provide transportation of any kind to campers for Summer 2022.
When to Stay Home
- Campers should not attend SCA Classes if experiencing any of the following symptoms in the last 24 hours (not due to a chronic condition): Fever, Chills, Cough, Difficulty breathing, Sore throat, Muscle aches, Diarrhea, Severe fatigue, Nasal congestion, Loss of taste or smell.
- Campers should not attend SCA Classes if any member of your household has had a positive COVID-19 test within the last 10 days or if you are avoiding shared spaces because you are ill or because you have been directed by your medical provider or your public health official to quarantine.
- Each camp will have at least one instructor or staff member who is CPR/AED certified.
- In the case of outside events impacted by inclement weather, which includes lightning, heavy storms and/or heavy winds, families will be notified via email an hour prior to the camp. Camps will either be postponed until the weather clears or will be cancelled.
- In the case of inclement weather during a camp in session, all campers will be escorted indoors.
2023 Refund and Cancellation Policies
If you have registered for a camp or class and are unable to attend, the following refunds are available upon request:
- Up to 30 days prior to the scheduled start of the event: 100% of registration payment (minus fees) will be refunded in the form of an SCA Art Pass gift certificate.
- 29-14 days prior to the scheduled start of the event: 50% of registration payment (minus fees) will be refunded in the form of an SCA Art Pass gift certificate.
- 13 days (or less) prior to the scheduled start of the event: 0% of registration payment will be refunded.*
*In the event of an emergency or health concern that requires a cancellation less than 13 days prior to the scheduled start of the event, a refund in the form of an SCA Art Pass can be requested by contacting email@example.com.
The SCA reserves the right to reschedule camps based on the availability of artists and instructors, class enrollment, and local community health conditions. In the event of an SCA cancellation or rescheduling of a camp, the SCA will offer registrants the option of holding their ticket for a rescheduled event or exchanging their ticket for an Art Pass (gift card) for the balance minus fees. When possible, cancellations will be announced a minimum of 10 days prior to the camp.
In the event of a class cancellation due to unmet class-size minimums, no alternative dates will be announced for this class. The SCA will automatically process refunds (minus processing fees) to the ticket purchaser.
In need of financial support?
We offer financial scholarships to students in need. Fill out our scholarship form so we can learn more about your situation.